Police ticket 80-year-old man for too much snow on his car, then help clear snow
- World War II veteran to reunite with wartime girlfriend
- $50M upgrade for US-Canadian border crossing
- More than 2,000 pigs killed in latest Ontario barn fire
- Feds may consider forgiving flight costs for all Syrian refugees: McCallum
- Police arrest woman in road rage killing of Chinese student
- Police in New York State to provide more detail on deaths that included Canadian
A snow covered car pulled over by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is shown in Brussels, Ont., on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2016. THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO - Twitter, Ontario Provincial Police
An 80-year-old is paying the price after police say he cut corners clearing the snow from his car.
Ontario Provincial Police say the man received a $110 ticket after an officer spotted a car largely covered in snow on the road in Brussels, Ont., about 100 kilometres northwest of Guelph, on Tuesday afternoon.
He is charged under the Highway Traffic Act with having an obstructed view.
A photograph of the car tweeted by police shows only a small portion of the driver's side windshield was cleared.
Sgt. Dave Rektor says the officer knew the man, gave him a ticket and a warning to clear the snow from his car before he goes for his next drive.
Then the officer cleared rest of the snow from the man's car and let him on his way.
- Editor:Justine | Source: The Canadian Press
- YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Driftwood Transcultural Forum was held in Vancouver on August 6. This forum aims to establish itself as a platform to facilitate transcultural debates, discussions and dialogues.
- The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the festival’s largest and most popular free event.
- Blizzard kills more than 30K dairy cows in Texas, New Mexico; number could climb higher
- Police ticket 80-year-old man for too much snow on his car, then help clear snow
- Crocodile takes morning dip in Florida Keys swimming pool
- US family has third set of twins, 7 kids total
- Many Russian pilots use fake flight certificates
- British PM leads tributes to Mandela
- Christmas Day bombing suspect jailed for life in Nigeria
- Chinese design on display in NY
- Chris Botti to perform in Beijing
- Thor hammers Chinese box office charts